The Ministry Establishment
Functions of MDTCC
- The Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperative and Consumerism was established on 27th October 1990.
- The purpose of the Ministry establishment is to promote the growth of ethical domestic trade and protecting the consumer interest.
- In 2009 the Ministry roles and functions were expanded to cover the franchise and cooperative sectors.
MDTCC formulates policies, strategies and reviews matters related to the development of domestic trade and consumerism.
Scope of Work for the Ministry:
- Determines and monitors prices of essential goods;
- Issue licences for the sale and distribution of essential goods;
- Issue licences for the sale and distribution of petroleum and petrochemical products;
- Coordinates policies, regulations and activities related to the safety of the petroleum, petrochemical and gas industries;
- Issue licences for the direct selling trade;
- Implements the regulation on metric weights and measures;
- Regulates matters pertaining to companies and businesses based on the related acts;
- Encourage good corporate governance practices; and
- Develops and administers the intellectual property protection system.
- Carries out consumer education programmes;
- Enhances programmes on consumer awareness and consumer protection; and
- Encourages and assists consumer movements.
Logo definition of Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperative and Consumerism
A square with blue colour inside and has 3 symbols which are; K, P(large) and P (Small)
A symbol of development
Symbolise consumer trade environment that promotes harmony
Symbolise the Ministry and the white colour symbolise a clean, efficient and trustworthy government department
Large P symbolises trading (Perdagangan)
Small P symbolises consumer (Pengguna)
Both in golden colour background represent a certain of value
Last Update : 05 July 2012